Me and my friend Heather threw a surprise baby shower for our friend Sarah! We worked things out with her hubby and he brought her over to my house where the shower took place. I was so mad that I didn't get a picture of her face when we opened the door and said, "SURPRISE!!" Her face was classic! She had no idea and was so over whelmed with teary eyes, which made me get all teary-eyed as well. We had a large group of ladies, mostly from our ward and kept the shower low key... food, visiting and of course presents. Here are some pictures of the party.
Some of the yummy food we served were creme puffs, cheesecake bites, lemon poppy seed muffins and fruit, which was in a cute watermelon baby carriage (made by Heather!)
It was a lot of fun to visit with everyone! I think everyone had a great time! Here are some more pics of everyone. (Thanks Larisa for taking pictures!)
We did play one cute game I had found online called, "Baby Shower Edible Match." I had a big basket of candy bars and whoever guessed the "baby concept" that went along with that candy bar got to keep it! For example: Super rope = umbilical cord; Lifesavers = epidural; Milk duds = non-lactating breasts; Score = night of conception... Eli's favorite one ;) and many more.... it was fun! Then we had Sarah open her gifts.
Here is me, obviously concentrating hard on writing down who got what for Sarah.
Here is Heather, Sarah, and Me. We had a great time planning the shower and we're happy it turned out so well!
I call this picture "Me and the Preggers" :)
6 comments:
It was a great party. Thanks for hosting!
It was a lot of fun. I loved that game and never heard of it. Everything was very cute and thanks for the invite!
Sorry I couldnt make it. Wish our trip would have been the next weekend. Looked like a great time!
It was so fun! You guys are the best! I am actually glad you didn't get a picture of me when you opened the door...I'm sure I was completely red and ridiculous looking with my mouth hanging open. :) I loved it! Thanks again!
What a fun baby shower! I'll bet she absolutely loved it! Gosh, I forget how thin you are! Geez!! I'll bet you don't even exercize or worry about what you eat either. I've always been jealous of that!
I love that game. What a cute idea! I want to plan a shower now so we can play that.... :)
Post a Comment