Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Isaiah's First Birthday Party!!

It was kind of a crazy evening, but fun at the same time! We had a small get together with some family and friends and had yummy shish-kebobs. My Mom also made beef flavored rice and a great layered salad(thanks again Mom!) Then I helped Isaiah open his presents and of course Indi was very eager to help as well!
This was the quilt my Mom had made for Isaiah. (He loves the lions!)
Thanks again for those of you who brought a gift... He loves them all!
Now it was time for cake!! I had envisioned my basketball cake looking a little bit better, but we ran short on time and went with what we had! We were going to have an Orange/Basketball theme, but since Walmart had no orange party supplies, I decided to surprise Eli and make it a Blue and Yellow theme for the Denver Nuggets who happened to play game 6 that evening. (Obviously I jinxed it... because they lost... sorry honey!)
Anyway, here is a picture of the cake. (It may have looked better had I more time)
Here is Isaiah, still trying to figure out what the heck is going on!
And lastly, "The 1st Year Birthday Cake Eating Ceremony"
Isaiah dug in way quicker than Indi, must be a boy thing... straight to the tub he went!!!
We all had fun and hope year #2 will go a little bit better than year #1!!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh Happy 1st Birthday to Isaiah!! I didn't know your mom was going to be there. That's great! The cake turned out awesome and it looks like it tasted good too!:)

Janice Twitchell said...

Can't believe he's a year already! So cute! The cake looks great! I'm totally retarded when it comes to making cakes and you did awesome!! Glad everything went well. Happy birthday Isaiah!!

Nielson Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wow....that year went by fast. He's changed so much, can't wait to see him in July.

Corynn said...

Happy Birthday little one! That cake looks yummy.

Chelsea Johnson said...

One year old already? What a cutie he is! The party looks like it was a big hit and the cake is darling! Good luck with year number 2!

Gina Lee said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and wanted to forewarn you that I will be stalking it from now on! haha. Your kids are so cute, and I cant believe that Isaiah is already a year...it was just yesterday that you were half asleep at playday because he was a non-sleeping newborn!!