Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cardinals vs 49ers


So for any of you who saw this Monday night football game, you can appreciate the excitement of it! We were lucky enough to catch it in live action! (Thanks for the tickets Mandy and Blake!!) This was the first time we have been to the new University of Phoenix stadium in Glendale, AZ! All I can say is, WOW! Talk about a full house! The stadium was very impressive. For those of you who haven't seen it, here are a few pictures to grasp it's magnificence.


This wasn't the actual game we saw, but like this picture, almost every seat was filled.


I am pleased with my picture taking skills. In one shot I got Edgerrin James (32), Larry Fitzgerald (11), Anquan Boldin (81), and Steve Breaston (15). In the middle of the huddle is the quarterback Kurt Warner (13).



This was such a close and exciting game! The Cardinals lead by 5 points with 4 minutes left to play and it looked like the game was over... but somehow the 49ers drove down to the 1 yard line with 2 seconds left. The tension was high, but the cardinals made an incredible play and stopped them from scoring!



I'll admit I have always been a faithful 49ers fan, but living in Arizona the past 4 years and seeing how bad they have been for so long... how can you not cheer for such a great team!?

5 comments:

Nielson Family said...

I am so jealous!!! I have to admit that I was rooting for the 49ers but Ian was rooting for the cardinals (mainly because he has Kurt Warner on his fantasy team). Remember when Dad took us to a Broncos vs. 49ers preseason football game in Denver. I love football......

Brittany said...

Where in the world do the Jones girls get their love for football?? I will admit that I do like going to live games but I definitely wouldn't know any of the players names or anything.:) It looks like you and Eli had a great time though!!

Bret said...

Oh man I'm so jealous. I watched almost all of the game and even got Becki to pay attention to some of it because of how exciting it was. Yeah, go Cardinals!

Matt and Jayna said...

That is so cool that you guys went! It seems like so many people we knew went to that game. My parents went also. We watched it on TV and man was that an exciting game you guys went to! Glad you got to go!

lcdiaz said...

Dang that looked so FUN!!! That is wicked cool you guys went! Sweet.