Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The whole family feeling under the weather

Like I said before, Thanksgiving was great; however, Indianna and I came down with something on Sunday, the day we were to travel home. Indi woke up in the night with a high fever and I with a painful sore throat. Fortunately I am so lucky to have a father who is a doctor and dad was able to take Indi to the clinic to check her ears for an infection. She had a small ear infection, but nothing to serious.
So we were all a little nervous traveling home, especially me not being able to keep much food down! The trip was a little rough but we did make it home safely!
On Monday morning, Eli started feeling sick and he decided to take the day off. Which was great, because I don't know if I could have done it alone! All three of us were so congested, couldn't breath or sleep well. We all were just trying to survive through the day.
For two days I had no food or liquids in my system...I couldn't keep anything down. It seems as though I got the worst of the bug! I started having sharp lower abdominal cramping, which I guess had something to do with being so dehydrated! Thankfully, I had a doctor's appointment this morning (Tuesday). We were a little worried because the nurse was not able to find the baby's heart beat, but when the doctor came in, she instantly found a good strong heart beat! Whew...that was really all I was worried about!
Eli went back to work today and Indi and I are still pretty sick, but managing! Hopefully our symptoms will subside with in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Hey, I hope you guys start feeling better! Keep that little baby growing strong! (the one in your tummy):)