Monday, November 3, 2008

Drug Dealin'....Mommy?

Okay so let me explain....Isaiah is on Prevacid for his silent reflux and since it is an extremely expensive medication, we are fortunate enough to have enough samples for a couple of months! The samples that we have are 15 mg capsules and Isaiah is only on a 7.5 mg dose... so I have to open the capsules, divide them in half and re-capsule them. Eli saw me doing this and said, "What are you a drug dealer now?" As it would look that way, I am just a mommy trying to give her son the right dosage of medication! Which, by the way, I have to sprinkle on his food for him to take it... I feel like I am back at working in the Alzheimer's unit (a previous job)... trying to get the elderly to take their dang pills....very difficult!


6 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Looks yummy, you drug dealin' Mommy! Good thing you have so much experience to know how to get him to take it!

Max hates chocolate! You're lucky that Eli likes it because if I ever make chocolate cookies, cakes, etc. I have to eat the whole thing!

Katie and Josh Fairbanks said...

So Jordan had to take the same medicine and I had to do the same thing! But we found out that he is allergic to it the next day b/c he had a reaction! I also made our blog private so send me your email so I can add you! The kids were so cute for Halloween!

Brittany said...

That's hilarious! Don't worry I won't turn you in for being a drug-dealing mommy. I'm just glad Isaiah has a great mom who makes sure that he gets the right dose of medication.:)

lcdiaz said...

That is so funny!! GO Golden Living!! Does he like his rice cereal?? I'm glad things are getting better. are you going to B town for Christmas?? hope we will see you there

Sarah Greener said...

Yum! You are such a good mommy Cori!! I am glad that little Isaiah is doing better. I havent heard from you in awhile! It looks like you guys are doing great!!

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

hahaha, the things we do as mothers!